i was cleaning thru my studio & came across these valentine candy boxes (sans chocolate) that i saved from last year & i thought about altering them, filling them up with some vintage-y goodness & putting them up on my etsy. but then i got to talking with my sis this morning & as crazy busy as i am, i decided to go ahead and host a swap on the bloggy anyway (much to my sister’s delight!).
i thought it would be kinda fun to giveaway these empty candy boxes to the 1st four peeps who sign-up for this new swap. i’ll need your name & email or blog link so that i can contact you if you happen to be one of the 1st four lucky peeps. that means: laura, awtem nymf, terrie & nerrisa…you are the 1st four lucky peeps to sign up. congrats! (wow, that was quick?!) as soon as i have your snail mail addies, your candy boxes will be mailed to you for your altering pleasure! 🙂
i like how these boxes have built-in compartments inside. see? how cool are they? can you picture it? you just fill them up with all sorts of sweet valentine trinkets, candy & other darling lil whatnots. go ahead, it’s a great excuse to fill up with all shades of pink, red & white pretties, hehehe…
1. for this swap, your send-to partner will be different from your received- from partner. only you (aside from me, of course) will know who you will be sending to. so that means, the person who you’ll be receiving from will be a “secret admirer”. get it? 🙂
2. sign-ups run now until jan15, 2009. mailing deadline is on or before feb 13, 2009. that gives you roughly a month or so to get ready.
make sure when you sign up, you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, email AND snail mail addresses, your blog/flickr link (if you have one so that your secret admirer can lurk learn about your likes & dislikes by visiting your site(s) discreetly), what kind of valentine things/candy do you like & partner preference (us only, international ok, or doesn’t matter).
3. when sign-ups close, i will match you up with one person who you will be sending to. the person sending to you will be your SECRET ADMIRER. so that means, shhhhhhhhh, no contacting your assigned partner, got it? it’s supposed to be a secret, ‘kay? okay good.
4. you must use and alter or decorate a heart-shaped box, either medium (like the ones above) or large sized, & then fill it up with assorted valentine treats and/or bits & bobs of crafting (vintage and/or new) supplies (e.g., glitter paks, ribbons, buttons, stickers, die cuts, pins, faux gems, etc. whatever you think your partner will like).
5. pls. sign up only if you have the time, energy & inclination to do so. nothing wrecks a good swap vibe quicker than a swap slacker or flaker. serious swappers need only apply please.
i think i’ve covered the basic 411 for this swap. hope you can join in on the fun! feel free to copy & paste the badge above. be sure to link back to this permalink: https://firstborn.wordpress.com/2009/01/02/whos-your-secret-admirer/ thank you!
🙂 xo mary ann
p.s., i forgot to mention that when you mail out your box of valentine love, that is when you finally get to reveal YOURSELF to your partner. sort of like “secret santa” only it’s valentine’s & hence, why we have to call it “secret admirer”. 🙂